To get the right PPE or alternative, and/or additional protective equipment, to front-line and other key workers, to try to help keep them and their families safe, by creating a hub enabling connections between those needing PPE and manufacturers who can provide it.
We are a group of individuals, both healthcare professionals, and people from other sectors including Lawyers, business consultants, artists, and marketing/PR/creatives. We all have friends, family and colleagues impacted by Covid-19 and want to make a difference. We are aware that healthcare and key workers face the daily challenge of helping keep us all safe whilst in desperate need of adequate personal protective equipment (PPE), and we also know of people and businesses that are able to produce the equipment needed, but need to know where the demand is and get equipment there.
So, we’ve created this Hub, with the aim of connecting people on the front lines with the need for PPE, with manufacturers making it, enabling the right kit to get to the right places as quickly and painlessly as possible. The Hub is a not-for-profit resource, created and managed by volunteers.
How You Can Join Us
We want to hear from those who need PPE; those who can help produce any and all types of equipment and, those who can help distribute it. So if you think you can help, please get in touch.
If you are working in an NHS Trust, we want to hear from you directly and/or your procurement team.
- We will contact you to check your requirements and then if appropriate and necessary, we’ll be able to send a sample of the available products and/or full technical specifications to your procurement or infection and disease control team, for you to decide if the equipment is right for you and/or your healthcare setting.
We really want to hear from people who can help make masks, scrubs, visors or gowns, and anyone who can help deliver materials or the products:
Anyone with the following skills:
- 3D printing manufacturers, hobbyists or enthusiasts
- Pattern-cutters, seamstresses, sewing enthusiasts, tailors, costume makers, stencil cutters
- Anyone who can help make deliveries
Anyone with access to the following equipment:
- Industrial laser cutters (to cut the scrub patterns)
- 3D printers
- sewing machines (with and without over lockers)
Anyone who has necessary materials.
We’re also looking for volunteers to help with design, marketing and PR, communications, engineering, IT, administration, finance/accounting, planners, project managers and loads more